Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men –
Low Testosterone “Low T”
What Is Low T? Testosterone is a hormone that assists the male body in building protein and is crucial for normal sexual drive, vitality and stamina. When men reach their early thirties, testosterone can start dropping at a rate of one to two percent a year. When blood levels drop below age average, a condition known as “Low T” can be diagnosed. Approximately 4-5 million American men have symptoms of Low T.
- Anger, irritability and social withdrawal
- Anxiety, depression and mood swings
- Erectile dysfunction and low sex drive
- Gynecomastia (breast tissue)
- Hair Loss
- Hot Flashes and night sweats
- Low bone density
- Muscle loss
- Weight gain
plastics, can also decrease testosterone levels. Certain hormones in the male body like “LH” and “GnRH” which naturally increase testosterone levels become sluggish when men reach their early 40’s. Excess body fat also contributes to Low T, fat cells produce an enzyme called “aromatase” which converts testosterone into estrogen.
Does Treatment With Testosterone Replacement Therapy Work? Yes, it can seem like magic for those with Low T. Many patients notice improvement in as little as 6-12 hours. When TRT is managed by a knowledgeable doctor, the experience is very safe and can be conducted long term. At North Valley Medical Center, injectable testosterone cypionate is the only form of TRT used because it’s the gold standard.
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy for Women
Menopause is an important transitional time in the lifecycle of every woman, it is also a time of drastic biological change.
While some women transition easily into this stage of life, MOST of
us experience at least a few uncomfortable symptoms.
- Hot flashes
- Low Sex Drive and Inability to Orgasm
- Vaginal Dryness, Irritation and Chronic Infections
- Mood Swings and Irritability
- Urinary problems including Recurrent Infections and Incontinence
Dr. McNeil will do a complete health history and comprehensive laboratory evaluation for all patients starting HRT. Hormone testing is a key component of hormone balancing. A simple blood test covered by most insurance is used to test levels of Estrogen, Progesterone, DHEA, Testosterone and Cortisol. Test results will guide us in creating a hormone regimen right you.
A personalized hormone program will be prescribed and monitored until optimal hormone levels are achieved.
- Eliminate hot flashes
- Decrease body fat and increase lean muscle
- Increase bone strength
- Increase skin thickness and improve skin tone
- Increase sexual desire and performance
- Improve sleep, memory and mood
- Overall increase in energy, vitality and sense of well-being